Have you upgraded to Office 2016 with your Office 365 account yet? I finally upgraded my account last week (I know I should have done this a few months ago, but better late than never…I suppose. At least the Cloud Service Team did this when it was released). A few things to mention before we really get into this topic:
- If you are an Office 365 subscriber (Business or Home) the 2016 upgrade is included in your monthly license fee, as it is with all Office upgrades.
- Microsoft makes upgrading pretty simple (however, if you have any problems or just do not want to do it yourself our Cloud Services Team is available to help…just give us a call to schedule an appointment (843) 410-0050).
- The speed at which the upgrade occurs depends on your internet speed, so the best time to start this is just before leaving for lunch, or at the end of the day. Once the instillation process completes a welcome video will pop up and walk you through some of the new features.
Now that we have all that out of the way, it is time to actually get the upgrade started:
- Sign into your Office 365 account online.
- Go to the My Account
- Choose Install.
- Choose Install
- Office 2016 will begin installing.
If you have SharePoint:
- Sign into SharePoint.
- Click on Office 365 in the heading bar.
- Choose Install now.
If you do not have permission on your computer to upgrade to Office 365, contact your IT department (hopefully that means e-vos) and they will perform the upgrade for you.
Pretty easy, right? If you have not yet made the move to Office 365, give us a call at (843) 410-0050! We will schedule a good time to meet with you and tell you about the benefits!